Being compliant protects both you and your employee. Use our resources and tools below to know the laws and practice them.
Best Practices and Tips for Employees
How to Prevent Race and Color Discrimination in the Workplace
- Respect cultural and racial differences in the workplace.
- Be professional in conduct and speech.
- Refuse to initiate, participate, or condone discrimination and harassment.
- Avoid race-based or culturally offensive humor or pranks. When in doubt, leave it outside the workplace.
- Familiarize yourself with the company’s workplace policies and act responsibly.
- Attend training on EEO principles and learn about your legal rights and responsibilities under the anti-discrimination laws. Also visit www.eeoc.gov for information on discrimination and harassment.
- Be pro-active. Report incidents of inappropriate, discriminatory, harassing or abusive behavior to your supervisor, Human Resources department, union, or management.
- If you experience or witness discrimination or harassment contact EEOC or your local human rights commission.